Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
A complete meal in one dish. Eggs, hash browns, sausage (or ham) and loads of cheddar cheese make the perfect meal!
• 20 ounces shredded or cubed hash browns thawed
• 1 pound sausage cooked, crumbled and drained (or cubes of ham is really good too)
• ¼ cup onion finely diced
• ½ red bell pepper diced
• ½ green bell pepper diced
• 8 eggs
• 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounces, or 1 ⅓ cups milk
• ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or your favorite herbs/spices (optional)
• salt & pepper to taste
• 2 cups cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (if baking immediately).
2. Brown sausage and drain fat.
3. Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
4. Set aside ½ cup cheese for the topping.
5. Place remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking pan. Pour egg mixture over the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired.
7. Bake 55-65 minutes or until cooked through.
If casserole is refrigerated overnight, remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. It may require an extra 10-15 minutes cook time.
Evaporated milk can be substituted with 1 1/3 cups milk.